OBD Port Tester
TDB014 OBD Port Tester
The OBD Port Tester connects to a vehicle?s OBDII / EOBD connector and lets you easily diagnose electrical faults.
• Instantly check power and ground circuits
• Identify communication link protocols
• Constantly monitor Battery Voltage with display
(Pin 16) - automatically turn-on as soon as you plugg into DLC.
RED LED's turn dim when:
• Low battery voltage - refer to Voltmeter and alarm will beep (below 12V)
• Wiring to DLC pin 16 is faulty
• Grounds circuits has resistance issues
(Pins 4 and 5) - automatically turn-on as soon as you plugged into DLC.
(Pins 2, 6, 7 and 10) - LEDs should flash when serial data voltage pulses are present in the data line. Blue LEDs is assigned on pins 2, 6, 7 and 10 to indicate communication with scan tool or interface and for communication protocol identification. LED will turn-on depending on your vehicle model. For some vehicle models, none or multiple blue LEDs will turn-on as soon as the OBD Port Tester is connected and you start the ignition.
The brightness of the LEDs will depend on the nature of the signal it's showing. The OBD Port Tester can indentify immediately the protocol used.
(Pins 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, and 13 should flash when used.